The Guernsey Disability Alliance was formed in 2008 and is a collective voice for individual disabled islanders, their family members and more than 40 member-charities-list.
Our mission is equality of opportunity for disabled islanders and carers in Guernsey. We want to change how Guernsey thinks about disability.
- We campaign for greater respect for the rights and dignity of disabled islanders and carers.
- We influence policy and practical change in a manner consistent with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- We engage and empower our members so that their individual voices are heard.
Or read our Annual Review 2015-16 (includes details of our accounts).
GDA Mission and Strategies
To achieve equality of opportunity for disabled people and carers in Guernsey
GDA Strategies, which are in a manner consistent with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, are:
- To foster respect for the rights and dignity of disabled people and carers, by influencing policy and practical change
- To be a collective voice for change, representing the overall views of disabled individuals, disability charities and carers
- To empower its members to speak for themselves, whether as individuals or as groups
GDA is a member organisation working to improve equality of opportunity for disabled islanders and carers, through:
- Promoting rights
- A collective voice
- Empowering disabled people