a few points of clarification
- Chamber of Commerce has been involved with, and has been represented on the Discrimination Legislation Development Project Team since May 2017.
- Groups were invited to comment on the Straw Man proposals Nov 2018 – no one provided a response
- Both Chamber and IOD were represented at the Straw Man proposals presentation in Nov 2018.
- The public consultation period is 1 day short of 12 weeks (longer than usual) not 9 weeks , as suggested in the Chamber Survey
- The technical draft proposals run to 190 pages (including appendices), not 294 as suggested in the survey.
- The Committee for Employment and Social Security (ESS), not the Committee for Education and Sport(ESC) has developed the proposals
- Jersey’s legislation was considered but, for various reasons, including that it does not comply with the various international rights agreements Guernsey is committed to, it was rejected.