The GDA has been run a series of workshops on GDA Disability Legislation workshops 2016. Supporting these workshops is a 23 minute video by Rob Platts, GDA founder and Equality Adviser which outlines:
- What is Disability Discrimination Legislation
- Why do we need Disability Discrimination Legislation?
- So what is covered by the legislation?
- Just how will the legislation deal with discrimination and what offences are likely to be included?
- Summary of offences
- Who will be protected?
- Will any conditions be automatically excluded?
- So, what are “Reasonable Adjustments”?
- Who will provide help and advice?
- You’ve mentioned courts and tribunals but could you explain their involvement a bit more?
- How long will everyone have to prepare for the legislation?
- Objective defence of indirect discrimination explained
If you want to know more or would like a copy of the slides for workshop 1 please contact Karen email@example.com