The GDA has been run a series of workshops on GDA Disability Legislation workshops 2016.
Supporting these workshops is a 23 minute video by Rob Platts, GDA founder and Equality Adviser which outlines:
• What is Disability Discrimination Legislation
• Why do we need Disability Discrimination Legislation?
• So what is covered by the legislation?
• Just how will the legislation deal with discrimination and what offences are likely to be included?
• Summary of offences
• Who will be protected?
• Will any conditions be automatically excluded?
• So, what are “Reasonable Adjustments”?
• Who will provide help and advice?
• You’ve mentioned courts and tribunals but could you explain their • involvement a bit more?
• How long will everyone have to prepare for the legislation?
• Objective defence of indirect discrimination explained