We are currently seeking a volunteer for the GDA Corporate Secretariat role
Responsible to: Chair
Main Purpose: To assist the Chair in the smooth running of the Charity, particularly in the areas of governance.
- 2-4 hours for evening meetings a month
- 1-2 hours a month preparing for meetings
- 1-4 hours a month of project work
- Ensure that the GDA LBG complies with its Memorandum and Articles of Association and Guernsey company law.
- Responsibility for the general administration of the charity and providing guidance to the Executive Board on aspects of governance best practice and compliance
- Responsibility for preparing and delivering statutory communications to the Guernsey Registry and to members, as required. The ideal candidate will therefore have a good working knowledge of Guernsey’s company law regime, particularly in respect of companies limited by guarantee.
- Maintains the GDA agenda, organises, attends and prepares minutes for meetings of the Executive Board and annual general meetings of members. Follows up actions for Executive meetings. In addition, the Secretariat maintains the formal registers, books and records of the charity
- Additional duties will include supporting the drafting of internal policies, preparing income tax returns, social security, etc and as otherwise required in supporting the Executive in furthering the objectives of the charity
- Ensure that the GDA LBG is meeting its obligations as a Guernsey employer.
This role description outlines the current main responsibilities of the post. However, the duties of the post may change and develop over time and the role description may be amended in consultation with the post holder.
General duties of a Director of GDA LBG.
- To contribute actively to the Executive Board in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation and evaluating performance
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation and promote its work
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation and that funds are spent in accordance with the Charity’s objects
- To assist in the appointment any staff members and monitor their performance
How to apply.
Thank you for your interest in this voluntary role. Please email Chris, Chair on email@example.com to find out more or call Karen for more information on 07781 467316