May 20, 2018
Public Health Services, on behalf of the Office of the Committee for Health and Social Care, is undertaking a Joint Strategic Needs Assessment for Older People.
It has three main aims, outlined below:
- To identify the health, care and support needs of older people in the Bailiwick of Guernsey
- Understand and quantify, where possible, to what extent these needs are being met
- Provide a list of recommended actions which, if completed successfully, would ensure the best match of needs and service provision to older people in the Bailiwick.
As part of this project we would like to arrange to meet with you and discuss the following
- What does your organisation view as the needs of older people?
- How do you provide services to meet these needs?
- Do you think it will be sustainable to provide this service in the future?
In addition as part of this project we are also looking for community case studies, so if you know of anyone who would be keen to speak to us about their experience of being an older person in the Bailiwick we would also be interested in speaking to them to write up short community profiles to add some individual experiences to the report.
A follow-up workshop session with all stakeholders will be taking place in January 2019 to allow you to see the work completed and assist in prioritising next steps.
We look forward to hearing your views and including your experiences to the project.
Please could you reply to email@example.com in order to organise a convenient time to meet.
Dr Nicola Brink
Director of Public Health/Medical Officer of Health
Tel: +44 (0)1481 707438